Sunday, September 7, 2008

Uncertainty

When we arrived at my parents we could see there was a lot to do. My mom is an incredible gardener and the people that stayed at their house while they were gone pretty much did nothing and her beautiful gardens were overtaken with weeds and grass. It was heartbreaking. Carl got right to work helping my dad with stuff around their yard.



We planned a camping trip on the river and had a blast. We fished and tubed on the river. The kids were really great, I was so worried about how they would be for a four day camping trip. I was thrilled to do dutch oven cooking again and mom and dad said they never ate so well outside the house. I was really happy that Carl had such a great time, he was always a little reticent when I would suggest camping. Carl, Dad and I went fly fishing and had fun doing catch and release for trout.



We got out the guns and Lil' Carl had his first shooting lesson and did really well, he takes after his dad, what a crack shot. Carl only had two weeks here he left far too early. While he was here he called work and was informed that they don't want him to stay in Bahrain, he had set it all up and the need him elsewhere. Of course we don't yet know where elsewhere is.



After Carl left Brad and Kim came with Corrie and her cousin Haley. We went camping with the girls and had some fun cookouts. It was a lot of fun tubing down the river with them. I got to spend a couple of days with Brad which was really awesome.

I went down to pick up James and Alice's kids in Pocatello, I told them a story about James about an hour into the ride and the rest of the time they begged me for more. They came to spend the week with us. We took them fishing, to the water park, had cookouts and just had a lot of fun. Carl and Jake really had a great time. Dad made all the kids wooden swords and shields and the kids decorated them and then had great battles. Alissa, Ha-Na and Madison really loved doing all the girl stuff together. Ashley played games with us when the little ones went to sleep and we looked for pictures and things of her dads we could share with her. I had a great time cooking with Ashley, she really loves to cook and we have so much fun experimenting in the kitchen. While the kids were here I saw so much of James in each of them, Jake has his smile and stubbornness, Alissa is his spitting image and has his energy and Ashley his kindness and sense of adventure.

I went to Arizona and got to see Carl for a few days which was really great after a month apart. When I got there we started really considering moving back to the west and maybe even Arizona. We would really like to be close to family again. We went to the temple which was wonderful to return after two years (for me) since there is no temple in Bahrain. We went to see Carl's grandmother and it was really special. Her memory has been increasingly failing and we did not know if she would recognize us but she did Carl and loved seeing the kids. She did not know who I was, I sure miss Grammy. She and I used to go shopping together and then out to lunch at least once a week after Lil' Carl was born. Carl's parents planned a really fun activity for all the family focused around the Olympics, we had a blast and the kids were in heaven. Carl left too soon and I spent the rest of my time shopping and visiting with his sisters. Stacy took us to her water park, Katie took us to her outlets and amazed me with her canning.

I returned back to my parents because I decided to stay here while Carl travels and finishes in Bahrain. The day after I arrive the kids are starting school and my niece Laurel and her son Mathew are coming to stay for a month.

So, we are in flux once again and have no idea of what is to happen but as I taught the sunbeams today in church "Home is where you are loved." I guess I should feel very blessed because by that sentiment our family has many homes.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

If you are arizona soon call us!! 520-417-2614 We hope all goes well.!! The Pyle's