Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lumberjack Days

I took the kids, Laurel and Mathew to Lumberjack days in Orifino today and they had a blast. There was a parade in the morning and I think that anyone who had a truck and a sign in the tiny city was in the parade. The kids loved it since they threw candy to the kids. When the Obama/Biden float came through an awkward silence and then it seemed that collectively the crowd refused to acknowledge the floats exhistance. Later the McCain/Palin float arrived to shouts and cheers, it is obvious where this area stands.

Ha-Na was particularly fierce about racing for and obtaining the candy. One time she got a candy and from a distance I saw her look at it, consider for a moment then pop it in her mouth.....there was no wrapper, I cringed.


Carl was very sweet and after getting one for himself he made sure his sisters were getting some and then when he saw they had some he started giving what he picked up to others.


Madison was using her wiles and when she did not get any would put a really sad look on her face and scan the crowd with it. People would quickly scrounge and get her a piece. After that we had a greasy carnival lunch and then took the kids on rides.

They had a blast and especially liked the Ferris wheel much to my annoyance. It is my least favorite ride and I had to go on to accompany Madison. I let them play one game that was a for sure win so they each got a prize and we went home.
Laurel and Mathew were troopers, Mathew stayed in his stroller the whole time and Laurel was a great sport as we walked around.

1 comment:

alligood said...

WOW! A ton has happened since I've last checked your blog. I didn't know you had decided it was time to return West. We would love to see you again anytime! Hopefully the time apart from Carl goes quickly and you can be together again somewhere that feels 'right'!
-Allison