Monday, October 13, 2008

Going home

We have decided it is time to go home to South Carolina and wait for Carl to join us there. We will be heading back at the beginning of November. We have had such a great time with my mom and dad and we will really miss them. I am excited to be at my own house and see my new car that Carl bought for me while he was there.

We went to Seattle a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. I was able to see my family and hang out with Julie. Brad and Kim were so nice to let us stay with them and feed us all week. We enjoyed it so much that we are going again at the end of the month to spend Halloween with them before we fly out. I am really excited to see them and see their spooky decorations, they really go all out.

While there I hurt my back somehow and it keeps getting worse. We had my dads sister come with her husband, sons, and grand kids this weekend and I cooked for them which increasingly stressed my back. I had so much fun seeing my cousins, it had been years , and especially visiting with my aunt and uncle. Right now I am working on relaxing and letting my back heal. Laying down is the only way that it does not cause intense pain but I am not capable of just laying down all the time. I find myself getting fidgety and try to get up which is the most painful of movements. Once I finally get up it gets worse and worse til I have to lay down and take medication again. I have had consistent back pain for years but usually that was in my neck, shoulders, upper back area. This is in my lower back although I think the stress and tension in my upper back may be contributing to the lower back pain.

Other than the above pain I am doing well. I love that the weather has cooled and I get to wear fall clothes, those are my favorites, I love layers. I have been working on the kids Halloween costumes, I am almost finished with Ha-Na's and will do Madison's this week. I am looking forward to going home and I am already thinking about what I will do in the house. I am especially anxious to have a date of when Carl will join us, he is working really hard at getting finished in Bahrain and getting his orders back to Charleston finished.

No comments: