Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween contd.

The kids school had a cake decorating contest. They were both really excited about it so I said I would make one cake and they could decorate it together. My mom and I Macgyvered (sp?) together a pan out of a colander parchment paper and nonstick spray since they don't bake and had nothing to do it in. It worked and I gave the kids supplies and let them go crazy.



I did have to tie my hands up so I would not take over, I did give verbal suggestions but in reply received eye rolling. OK, they did take some of them. The buckle at the front was Carl's idea, he said it was a must.





We will find out tomorrow if it won anything, it will be added to the cake walk they are having at the fall festival for the school tomorrow. The kids get to wear their finished (yeah) costumes to the festival. I am going to try to keep them away from the cake walk though, we leave next week and there is no way I want the pressure of finishing a cake before Wednesday.



OK, I could probably eat it in one sitting but I really shouldn't. We already have two half gallons of ice cream that have to be eaten, the kids are so excited, dessert every night until we go.



I finally figured out how to do the whole video thing, here is the kids dancing at the Halloween square dance.

2 comments:

Kikibug said...

Cool cake!! That is awesome.
Sad we missed you too.. so the move went OK then? I LOVE SC.. I would LOVE to visit someday. How do y'all like it so far? Hope it works for us to get together next time you are in town.

Katie said...

WOW! Big, big wow! The costumes are unbelievable! They are so detailed! They bustle and everything. Wow. Gracie is so jealous. She didn't like the cute tu-tu I spent 1 hour on, so I made her buy her own costume! Those dresses are fantastic! I bet they'll hold up way better than the cheapy Disney dressed that fall to bits if they are washed. Don't you get such a buzz looking at your fabulous creation? That video is precious too. Tito is such a cutie, er, handsome young man!