Friday, October 31, 2008

Carl at his best



I came across these pictures and I just had to share them. A little back story is necessary though. Carl's mother likes roosters, they are evident all through her kitchen, there are a lot of them everywhere. There is one rooster in particular that sits on the middle of the island in the kitchen and Carl swears that they were told that if they broke it they had better head to Mexico to hide. Well, of course this encourages him to make a joke of it, good thing his mom has a really great sense of humor. I think his vandalising the rooster started before I even met him but in the course of our marriage I have seen cheese whiz hanging from, dolls sitting on, hats added to this rooster. When we would go to his parents house he would always be planning something and then he would wait and see how long it took for mom to notice, I think that was the most fun for him. One time he even tried to plan to move the rooster off of the island into another room and put a really tacky ugly one up and then "accidentally" smash it. I put the kibosh on that one, I didn't want to risk something really happening to it if it was moved, I don't know how much I would like hiding in Mexico. On our last visit Carl arrived before us and when I came in the rooster was already trussed up, here are the results.

2 comments:

Julie Siegel said...

That rooster kind of scares me. And by kind of I mean a lot.

Katie said...

Hey, that's a famous rooster. He even had a cameo in Mr. Deeds. C'mon people. Show some respect to our feathered friends.