Sunday, September 7, 2008

Your my Huckleberry

Mom bought a gallon of Huckleberries and I was so excited. We planned to make huckleberry pie which I had always heard of but never thought I would be able to make (where to you get huckleberries from ?) They have a really strong flavor so we combined them with some wild apples growing on their property that are really awesome. Wow! That pie was tasty. Ha-Na was licking her plate clean and I didn't even try to stop her. Mom says they grow in the mountains so they can't grow them, but for a woman who found a variety of peach, kiwi, grapes, pecans ect that will grow in northern Idaho I bet she can find a Huckleberry that can grow in the valley of the mountains here.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! Sounds like you are settling in to your temporary place nicely. Tell Tito I would have voted for him! What a fabulous experience for your kids--bugs, goats, cats, huckleberries, and Grandparents! What a treat!