Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'm just a little Hot Air Balloon

The kids made up a song after the Winnie the pooh song as we were flying high above Turkey.

When researching this area I saw the balloon rides and knew it was something I wanted to do.  We were not comfortable taking Lissy so Carl arranged for the older three and I to go and he would stay back with her.  As it was his birthday lil Carl volunteered to stay with her but Carl insisted we go.  I am grateful for his desire for us to have this experience, especially considering it was his birthday.  He is kind and thoughtful and is always caring for his family.

It was soo early!  Again, for the second morning we woke up at 4 am.  When the driver arrived I went to get the kids and their room was dark.  I panicked as a sleepy Carl came to the door.  He says to me "We got dressed but had a little time so I told the girls we could go back to bed"  Of course they didn't have their shoes on, couldn't find socks and their teeth weren't brushed.  Carl realized he left his coat in my room but I was not going to wake the baby so he had to wear my pink jacket.  The driver was really nice and said he would come back for us after getting everyone else.  YIKES!


Very sleepy kids on the way to the site.


The balloon getting prepared.



Up and away we go.




The sunrise was incredible.  We were awed by the experience.

We took off and flew over and through Love valley.  I will not caption all the pictures, they are of various areas.  You will see the fairy Chimneys which are really fascinating, note that some of them are carved out and have dwellings in them.  We went up high and then way down into the canyon, the kids kept thinking we were going to land.  they come so close to the canyon walls it felt like if you reached out you could touch them.  




























Apparently at the end of the first ever hot air balloon ride in France they ended with a champagne toast.  They were thoughtful and had brought grape juice for the kids and I.



No comments: