Thursday, January 31, 2008

When she is good she is really really good........

We have had quite the day. Since Ha-Na's birthday is tomorrow I made cupcakes for her class last night (school goes Sunday through Thursday). Today was also he 30th anniversary of their school so they were having a big celebration which was great, Ha-Na was convinced it was all for her. Well, they bring out the kids for the presentation and the cake and start to sit them down. I had given Ha-Na a cup of water and she proceeded to go with her class to sit. One of the teachers decides that she shouldn't have the water (I know, I don't get it either) so she attemps to take the cup from Ha-Na. Any person whom has worked with kids ought to know that it is not best to just grab something from a child, it just becomes more valuble to them. So, with the entire school waiting for the program to start Ha-Na keeps hold of the cup with all her might. The water spills out and that is it. She proceeds to scratch, kick and shriek at the top of her lungs that she wants her water. She flings her legs and kicks her crocs at the kids who are watching. I tried to get involved to help. It is never a sure thing whether the teachers want you to intervene or stay out of it. Her teacher got her to sit down by dragging her to her spot. Every time she sees me she starts again so her teacher asks me to stay out of visibility. I had to watch the whole thing kneeling down in the sandbox hiding behind two of my friends. When the PTA gathered for a photo after it was done and the kids were walking out Ha-Na sees me and starts again. Her teacher has her by the hand and Ha-Na drops and proceeds to be dragged off to class. As this last episode was occuring I hear several of the ladies in the PTA ask "who's child is that?" And you know what? After all of that I could smile and say proudly that she belongs to me. I have really come to appreciate and love her for her independence and determination. She is a hoot. I just wish I had brought my cameral with me to capture it all.
When I went to pick up Ha-Na from school Carl's teacher met me and asked me to take Carl home (he gets out after the girls). He was complaining of a bad headache and he was pale and droopy. I brought him home and watched him get continually worse. I search the house for childrens tylenol or the like since he was burning up and of course we are out. I am so thankful for good friends. I called my friend and she picked up some for me and brought it over. Carl asked for a blessing and luckily when she came her husband and another friend from church were with her so Carl got his blessing. He said it helped him feel better and he is finally sleeping. He keeps muttering in his sleep but at least he is sleeping.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Go Ha-Na!

(and get better soon Tito!)