Friday, February 15, 2008

Carl's Baptism



What an event to remember. Throughout the week before Carl's baptism he was barely able to contain himself he was so excited.

In the morning when I came downstairs Carl said "mom I would like pancakes, it is my birthday and since it is my birthday I should have what I want." I am going to have to remember the last part of the phrase come my birthday.

Carl and I are getting certified to be dive masters and our usual pool that we go to which is heated is closed for renovations so we had to do a class that morning in our unheated pool at our villa. We were in wetsuits but it was still shockingly cold (57 degrees). By the end of two and a half hours we were really frozen. Carl was really nervous for the baptism for the evening.

Once done with our class we started getting ready for our event. It is always hectic no matter how much preperation we have done prior to it.

Carl had chosen all the particulars for his program. We had about 50 people come to witness his baptism. At the start I felt the spirit so strongly that I could not keep tears out of my eyes. When he went into the water in only his white pants and shirt for protection he showed no reaction even though Carl said when he went in it felt breathtakingly cold.

During the time when he was getting dried off we showed Finding faith in Christ. He then came down for his conformation. I felt the love of my family arround me as he was being confirmed even though none were able to be there.

After we had put together a light dinner for everyone. Carl had requested Tres Leches cake for his birthday so I was able to learn something new.

It was a wonderful event and we had many who asked questions about the baptism and the church (there were several guests who are not memebers). One friend even requested a copy of Finding Faith in Christ. It was really, really awesome.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations! I wish I could have been there. We can't wait to see you guys. Tito--Thanks for being a good example to Gracie and Brian!
Love,
Katie