Thursday, October 16, 2014

Madrid Temple here I come!!

     Being in Abu Dhabi is amazing and we have so many unique experiences but we don't have a temple.  It is one of those things that I look back on and think, "why didn't I go more often when I was right by one?"

     I woke up sooo early so I could attend while Carl was working and be back when he was finished so we could spend the evening together.

These remind me of the statues at the Seattle temple.  

     I had brought 2 coats with me thinking it would be cold here but it has been warm the whole time so I did not bring one with me to Madrid.  It was really chilly but since I was going straight from the airport to the temple and back it was ok.



 This is when I needed a selfie stick.

     It was the most wonderful thing to be there and I am in awe of the beauty of the spirit felt in the house of God.  I am already planning how I can get to a temple every other month.  Not practical but sure would be awesome!

So green and pretty.

     We spent the evening walking around the village our hotel is in.  We went to the shopping center here which was fun and then had some local food.  It was a really great day!

A happy day for me!


 

No comments: