Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family, family, and more family

We arrived in SLC and were met by April's brother Joe and two of his kids. He was so nice to bring a picnic lunch and we went to Temple Square ate and enjoyed our visit there. I was really excited to see all the changes since I was a missionary there. There are so many that I can't begin to list them, all for the good though. We stayed at his house that night and had fun playing games with the family and enjoying Diana's brownies.

The next morning we were up and off to the eagerly anticipated Agren Reunion. It was so great to see everyone when we arrived and were busy catching up after being apart for so long. We were given a tour and best of all visited with the Agren Clan. Later that night everyone went swimming and then we dumped the kids in bed. lil Carl was so excited to be with all his boy cousins, he has so many famales arround him that he took every opportunity to hang out with the boys.

We had family pictures, I don't know why but this is always a cause of great stress for me. I am much happier being behind the camera. We had a great time going to the Oympic Park and I was in heaven with all the excitement there. Eric (my bro in law) and I went down the bobsled run and it was really fun. I think my favorate thing were the ziplines. I was really impressed at lil Carl's bravery, he went on everything he was heavy enough to do. Ha-Na and Madison also went on the one ride they could do twice and wanted to go more, I love that my kids like thrills.

Other events included Thanksgiving point, 4th of July pancake breakfast, and Hiking. The girls had a great party with everything including a merry go round and the boys went jet skiing.

We of course went diving in Utah, how could it be an Agren holiday without diving? Carl loved that his sisters and his Dad joined him and I loved working with Jess.

Helga was so great to provide most of the meals for us and I was so amazed at her ability to put together meals for that many people and it looked so effortless. I am always impressed when the Agrens get together and everyone gets along and has so much fun, what a family.

No comments: