Monday, June 7, 2010

The things kids say

Yesterday at church a lovely sister stopped me in the hall and said she just had to tell me something that happened last year.

She said "It was a day when it was raining really hard and you were taking Ha-Na out to the car with the umbrella and left the other two in the church to wait for you to take them out. After you left the little one (Madison) began screaming. Carl turned to her and asked her why she was doing that. She replied, looking at me "I am scared of old people." Carl then replied "well, so am I but you don't need to make that noise""

This sweet sister then says, with laughter in her eyes, that she hadn't realized she had reached the age where she was so old that she was scary to children.

My first reaction was mortification. I was speechless (and you know for me that is something). All I could do was thank her for sharing it with me so I could put this story in the journal.

I later told Carl this story and he was in tears laughing. I am going to have a talk with the kids to try to figure out what is so scary about old people and especially this sister who is the sweet and definitely not at all scary!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is hillarious!